Holy crap, where has the time gone? It’s suddenly the end of January. I’ve basically lost a month and a half here. So, first off… happy new year. Okay, now that that’s out of the way, let’s talk about something interesting.
Some more highlights and thoughts about things in the world that, if I was a better blogger, would have individual, detailed entries…
- They cancelled The West Wing. It makes me sad and angry. But, I can understand it. Since Aaron Sorkin left, it’s not the same.
- WB and UPN are shutting down, and CBS and WB are making a new network. If they don’t bring back Veronica Mars, there will be hell to pay.
- Commander in Chief is a decent show, but it is NOT The West Wing. There are too many things that are wrong with it, such as their “situation room,” which is a conference room with a few plasma screens. The West Wing’s is in the basement, dark, with lots of screens, and military people walking about doing various tasks. Seems more realistic.
- I had a real trackback! My post about Movable Type, dynamic pages, and the stupid cron job was read by someone and it helped them, so much so they linked to it. I feel like I’ve made it now, and I can start shopping for people to buy my domain name now. Technorati’s site still says it’s worth $0, but, damnit, someone read it!
- I want to write a post about people with blogs and them coming back to haunt them later in life. Maybe mentioning it here will make me try… doubt it, but maybe.
- Jack has contacted me 3 times in the past two months to come back and play with the Phil. I want to. I want to badly, but, when it comes time to getting the bass out of the closet, I lose my motivation. I want to stay at home and relax after being at work. I want to watch some TV or a movie with my wife. Spending all evening away from home a second night a week is kind of hard to do. I need to go, though. I enjoy playing. I love music. I’m just being lazy I think. I always remember about it at like 8pm the night of rehearsal, and then it’s too late.